Featured below are the most frequently asked questions we receive from our patients.
If you have a specific question that you would like answered, please contact us today on
(07) 4972 1066 or click here to email us.
1. Why is it so important to maintain dental health?
Maintaining your teeth and gums, as you age is an important step in sustaining your general health and well-being. Whilst exercising, eating right and regular health checks are important – looking after your teeth and gums is also essential. Good dental health will help you to lead a long, happy and healthy life.
2. How can I maintain my smile as I age?
Routine visits to your Dentist are of great importance. By visiting the Dentist every 6 months for a thorough examination and clean, it will enable us to detect any dental problems early and limit the extent of the problem. It is also essential to brush at least twice each day (after breakfast and dinner) and floss once a day. This will help to prevent decay and gum disease. Speak with our team during your next visit, for more information on preventive care and hygiene.
3. What can I do to improve the health and appearance of my smile?
If your teeth become damaged, lost or simply worn over time, there are a number of options available to treat these problems.
If teeth are lost, then Dental Implants, Dentures or Bridges may be an option for you. If a tooth needs rebuilding, then Crowns, Inlays or Onlays could be the solution. For cosmetic changes, Tooth Whitening, Veneers and Bonding are amongst some of the treatments that you could consider. During your initial consultation, we will evaluate your dental condition and work with you to determine the best treatment option for your individual situation.
4. What are the main benefits of dentistry treatment?
Achieving optimal dental health has the power to change your life for the better. Just a few of the major benefits, dentistry treatment may provide patients include;
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Improved oral health and general well-being
- Improved facial appearance
- Improved comfort
- Improved speech
- Improved dietary habits
5. Why do teeth seem to darken when people age?
Teeth may seem to darken as plaque can build up faster and in larger amounts as we age. Staining from coffee, tea, soft drinks, certain medications and smoking can also occur. Changes in dentin may cause teeth to appear a little darker as well.
7. What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic Dentistry is the ultimate mixture of art and dental science. These procedures aim to create beautiful, aesthetically pleasing smiles; utilising the latest restorative technologies and materials.
8. Who is a candidate for Cosmetic Dentistry treatment?
Previously, little could be done to attain the smile you always dreamed of. The treatments available to treat chipped, stained or crooked teeth were limited. Yet, today with the vast range of Cosmetic Dentistry treatments available, every smile can be aesthetically enhanced.
9. What is the most popular Cosmetic Dentistry treatment undergone by patients?
ZOOM! Tooth Whitening is probably the most popular Cosmetic procedure available today. This is the case as Tooth Whitening can be the quickest, most effective way to enhance the appearance of your smile. Lightening teeth 8 to 10 shades within just one consultation; ZOOM! can transform the effects of ageing and discolouration.
10. What are some of the results Cosmetic Dentistry treatment can achieve?
- Rejuvenate discoloured / stained teeth
- Close gaps between teeth
- Reduce the over-crowded nature of teeth
- Straighten overlapping or crooked teeth
- Cover chips
- Conceal blemishes
- Replace missing teeth
- Repair breakages
- Replace Amalgam Fillings with Tooth-coloured Restorations
- Gum Re-contouring for gummy smiles